CAMP INVENTION ALUMNI CONTEST
1. To enter the Camp Invention Alumni Contest (the “Contest”), entrants must: (a) be an alumni of a previous Camp Invention program and have registered to participate in Camp Invention, a National Inventors Hall of Fame, Inc. program, in 2017; (b) register with National Inventors Hall of Fame, Inc. (“NIHF”) for a 2017 Camp Invention program no later than 11:59pm EST on March 21, 2017; and (c) submit a video to NIHF at firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Video”) no later than 11:59pm EST on March 24, 2017; The Video must not be more than four minutes in length and entrant must explain in the Video either (i) what entrant learned at Camp Invention (ii) what about a particular National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductee inspires entrant (iii) the story of the entrants invention prototype (i.e. what the invention prototype is, how the invention prototype works, how entrant came up with the idea)*.
2. Employees of NIHF, and any agent, representative or immediate family member of any such employee, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win. Only one entry/Video per entrant is permitted. By entering the Contest, you expressly agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. By entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants to NIHF and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “NIHF Parties”), a non-exclusive, perpetual and royalty free license (“License”) to use entrant’s name, picture, likeness, description, and/or the Video in any and all present and future media, including but not limited to television, newspaper, radio, magazine, internet, electronic mail, photography, print, oral or written expression, or any other mode of media for any commercial and/or non-commercial purpose whatsoever.
4. By entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably releases, waives, assumes the risk of, and forever discharges each of the NIHF Parties from any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, damages, losses, costs (including attorney’s fees) and claims arising out of or related to any of the following: (a) entrant’s entry and/or participation in the Contest; (b) entrant’s receipt and/or use of the Prize (as hereinafter defined, if applicable); (c) a NIHF Parties’ use of the License; and (d) any and all other consequences resulting from the Contest. Further, entrant must indemnify, defend and hold the NIHF Parties harmless against any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, damages, losses, costs (including attorney’s fees) and claims arising out of or related to a NIHF Parties’ use of the Video and/or License including, without limitation, a claim that a NIHF Parties’ use of the Video violates the intellectual property rights of any third party.
5. There will be three Contest winners. One grand prize winner, one second place runner up and one third place runner up.
6. NIHF will announce all Contest winners on or about April 5th, 2017.
7. The respective Contest winners will receive the following (collectively, the “Prizes”) upon NIHF’s receipt of their executed Winner Acknowledgement Forms, as described in Section 8 below, and attached hereto:
GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
a. Two (2) tickets to the National Inventors Hall of Fame Illumination Ceremony on May 3, 2017 and the National Inventors Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Washington, D.C. on May 4, 2017 (collectively, the “Event”);
b. Two (2) round trip, coach class airfare tickets to/from the Event;
c. Overnight hotel accommodations for two (2) for two (2) nights at the Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel – located in Washington, D.C. or comparable hotel;
d. A stipend of $250 for food and ground transportation to and from the hotel/Event;
e. A chance for entrant’s invention prototype to be featured in the new National Inventors Hall of Fame museum exhibit*.
SECOND PLACE RUNNER UP:
a. One FREE week of Camp Invention, to be redeemed by second place winner only. The FREE week will come in the form of a full refund, since registering for a 2017 Camp Invention program is one of the contest entry requirements.
THIRD PLACE RUNNER UP:
a. One FREE Camp Invention Super Swag Bag, which will be mailed out to third place winner within 4-6 weeks of receiving the executed Winner Acknowledgement Form.
8. To receive the Prizes, the parent or legal guardian of each Contest winner will be obligated to sign and return the Winner Acknowledgement Form to NIHF on behalf of entrant no later than April 11, 2017. If the winners fail to comply with the Official Rules, the respective Prizes will be forfeited.
9. By entering the Contest, each entrant further acknowledges and agrees to all of the following: (a) the winner will forfeit the Prize if NIHF determines, in its sole discretion, that the winner submitted more than one entry and/or Video; (b) the Contest is subject to all Federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law; (c) NIHF is awarding the Prizes “AS IS” and is not providing any warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to the Prizes; (d) payment of any Federal, state or local income taxes on the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner; (e) the Prizes are not redeemable, refundable, transferable or exchangeable; and (f) the winners must execute a copy of the Winner Acknowledgement Form prior to claiming the respective Prizes.
* United States patent law entitles a person to receive a patent for a qualified invention unless, among other things and with certain exceptions, the invention was patented, described in a printed publication, or in public use, on sale, or otherwise available to the public before the effective filing date of the claimed invention. Therefore, you may wish to consider filing a patent application prior to submitting a disclosure of your invention to the 2017 Mighty Minds Contest. Please contact a licensed patent attorney or agent if you have any questions.