Program benefits for your schools:
• STEM Enrichment: Your students and educators will learn hands-on problem solving through creative and challenging activities designed to inspire and unlock their natural curiosity.
• 21st Century Skills: Working in teams, children will take on real-world challenges that promote the direct application of critical thinking and communication skills they will need for high school, college, and 21st century careers.
• Professional Development: Your educators will get direct experience integrating STEM content with our student-centered instructional strategies. The educators that have worked at Camp Invention tell us they use these strategies to inspire their own day-to-day teaching.
• Ease of Implementation/All-Inclusive: Camp Invention programs are all-inclusive, so we give you everything you need, A to Z, to ensure seamless and consistent delivery at every touchpoint.
• Inductee-Inspired Curriculum: Our curriculum includes the challenges and achievements of the brightest thinkers around—the Inductees of the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
Best of all, Camp Invention costs nothing to you! Parents pay the tuition, so your host site needs to only recruit a program team and provide the space – six classrooms and a multipurpose room – and we do everything else.
When parent funding is not an option, all of our educational programs also qualify for Title I, Title II, Title III, 21st CCLC, Migrant Education, and Early Learning Challenge funding, as well as state and local district resource funding.
How does Camp Invention work?
Camp Invention is comprised of 32.5 hours of programming with flexible scheduling options to meet your unique requirements. You host Camp Invention at your school or schools during the week of your choice. We give you the programming for five, six-and-a-half-hour days.
We provide stipends and step-by-step instructions for your educators to lead and direct Camp Invention. You’ll need anywhere from five to seventeen program team members, as we keep a program team-to-child ration of 1:8.
Camp Invention also gives your high school and middle school students an opportunity to participate through Leadership Intern and Counselor-in-Training programs.
What happens during a typical day at Camp Invention?
A typical day at Camp Invention is packed with inspiration from Inductees of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, fun, learning, and creativity from start to finish. It goes a little something like this:
9:00 a.m. – Signing in
Children are signed in by their parents, join up with their age group, then meet up with their Leadership Intern at Base Camp, who will be a mentor and lead their group from module to module. Base Camp is the room they’ll start and finish in each day. Here, they might build a newspaper tower or participate in another fun activity!
9:15 a.m. – Duct Tape Billionaire™
Campers transform into entrepreneurs, as they design duct tape products, build inventories, and launch their start-ups to bring inventions to a mock market.
10:20 a.m. – Snack time
Becoming a DIY duct tape expert really works up an appetite.
10:30 a.m. – Mission Space Makers™
Campers join a space mission to prepare a new planet for human habitation. Inspired by our National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees and NASA engineers, they’ll build a space rocket — and launch it too!
11:40 a.m. – Activities/Lunch
Half of our campers gather for lunch, while the other half enjoy high-energy activities.
12:10 p.m. – Time to switch!
1:05 p.m. – Have A Blast™
Children team up to compete in friendly air battles and build their own high-tech Bubble Blaster!
2:10 p.m. – Operation Keep Out™
Campers take apart appliances and use the parts to create the ultimate Spy Gadget Alarm Boxes that keep priceless treasures safe.
3:15 p.m. – Back to Base Camp
Children all regroup with their Leadership Interns and participate in activities designed to overcome challenges. This is an important part of the invention process that can be used every day.
3:30 p.m. – Checkout
Children are ready to be picked up, signed out, and asked about a day of learning like none other! Daily newsletters are provided to help parents talk to their children about their day.
Our extended camp experience option, from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., could be just right for your campers and their parents. This is an additional cost to the parent. Our programs are flexible to work with you and your school district, so get ready for a summer full of Camp Invention!